A fire incident believed to have been caused by an electricity surge from generator, has claimed the lives of three family members. 42-year-old mother, Blessing Arigi-Osakwe died while she was trying to save her two children from the fire incident at their home located along Trade Fair, old Airport area in Sokoto on Saturday September 10th.
According to eyewitnesses, the woman, her hubby their four children and her nephew were at home when the fire started.
She and her husband alongside their two older children were able to escape unhurt but she could not bear to watch her children burn to death. She then decided to make a brave and desperate attempt to save the younger children, her 9 year old son and her nephew who were trapped inside the burning house. Sadly, the burning roof suddenly collapsed on the deceased woman and the young boys.
The remains of the boys who were already burnt to death, was deposited at the Usmanu Danfodiyo University Teaching Hospital, Sokoto, while the woman who was still alive, died on Sunday from severe burns.